In the past summer I took a job with BC Ferries and have been collecting funds to get Theros ready to sail in the spring of 2016. The jobs left to be done are fairly daunting but doable. The winter projects are as follows. I am presently building a new table for the salon area. As you will see as I upload old pictures, the galley and salon have been completely changed out. I have also torn apart the forward two cabins and head and will work on building this area into a single cabin with lots of storage. With spring my intentions are to finish the cockpit area that is, or will be pictured in the repairs and conversions page. During the summer I will glass in the long black windows shown on the full boat pictures and after refinishing the deck area with new beige two part epoxy paint and the walking areas with KIWI grip, I will install new opening ports along both cabin sides. The windows on the hull sides will be fibreglass in and refinished with gelcoat. This is to add to the safety of the hull on off shore sails and to allow more storage along the inside cabin walls. I have a new 150 Genoa ordered from UK sails and over the next year they will provide me with a new fully battened main, a new fully battened Mizzen, strong track for both masts, as well as lazy cradles for both booms. I have replaced the old pedestal cable and chain steering system with a new Cobra rack and pinion Whitlock system and will be adding an under deck autopilot in the near future. I will also be changing out my ground tackle which will include replacing the bow sprit and anchor roller system to allow for two anchors to be carried without them colliding together when hauled. This will include a Lewmar H2 windlass and 550 feet of 7/16 chain as well as a new anchor to compliment my 45 lb CQR. At this time I will likely install a second furling system to allow for two headsails and quick change when needed.
And I am sure there is more that will be added as the next 18 months rolls on. I will try to keep this updated as progress takes place.